|Job Title||Paratransit Driver|
|Location||8801 South Greenwood Ave, Chicago, IL|
The primary function of the Paratransit Operator is to provide SCR’s customers/riders with door-to-door transportation in accordance with SCR standards of excellence.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide door-to-door transportation for passengers using SCR issued vehicle.
- Plan routes to destination, and evaluate alternatives for unexpected detours or emergencies.
- Pick up passengers in response to radio or telephone relayed request for service.
- Exhibit safe and defensive driving skills in accordance with SCR’s driver training.
- Follow proper procedure when transporting passengers including but not limited to: proper wheelchair securement and providing passenger assistance at entries and exits.
- Open and close doors for customers.
- Provide passenger with easy entry and exit at pick up and drop off locations
- Maintain knowledge of proper methods to load and unload, distribute and secure passengers.
- Indicate completion of trip as instructed (e.g. through Mobile Data Terminal or Dispatch).
- Complies with local traffic regulations. Evaluates and maintains proper speeds and distances based on road conditions and traffic conditions
- Completes accident and/or incident reports
- Collects and records appropriate cash receipts and fares.
- Completes Pre-trip and Post-trip inspections (e.g. records mileage, fuel level, vehicle defects, etc.)
Key performance indicators:
- Daily on-time performance
- Daily productivity (trips per hour)
- Your ability to follow the department Standard Operating Procedures
- Customer service and appearance
- Must be 23 years or older;
- Must hold a valid Illinois Driver’s license;
- Must have held a valid Driver’s license for three (3) consecutive years;
- Must have a birth certificate;
- Must have a valid social security card;
- Must have a Court Purpose Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) with no more than one (1) moving violation in the past five (5) years.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check with no felony convictions;
- Customer service, verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills.
- LIFT1- Driver must maneuver ramp up/down to transport wheelchair (WC) passengers.
- Requires vertically transferring ramp weighing up to (30 Lbs.) from (1") to (24"), up to (4/hr.).
- LIFT2 - Driver must occasionally transfer various items such as WC 's, parcels or luggage in/out of vehicle to assist passenger. Requires vertically transferring various items such as WC's, parcels or luggage (50Lbs.) from (1") to (36"), up to (1/hr.).
- CARRY1- Driver must transport various items for passengers as needed to/from passenger's residence/pick up/drop off points. Requires horizontally transferring various items for passengers weighing up to (25Lbs.), up to (1/hr.), a distance of up to (50 feet) without mechanical assistance.
- PUSH/PULL1 Driver must transport WC bound passenger up/down ramp and in/out of vehicle. Must horizontally transfer WC bound passenger requiring a force up to (65 Lbs.), up to (4/hr.), a distance of (8 ft.).
- UPPER EXTREMITY PUSH/PULL1- Driver must open/close doors of vehicle as well as tighten straps to secure WC as necessary. Requires upper body forces up to (50 Lbs.), up to (8/hr.)
- COUPLE1- Driver must grasp door handle of vehicle requiring coupling forces up to (30 Lbs.), up to (16/hr.) to open and close doors to allow passengers to enter and exit.
- CLIMB1 - Driver must access vehicle via 21 inch step. Requires climbing stairs up to 6 steps/hour in (10 hr.).
- LIMITED HEAD ROOM1-Driver must enter and exit vehicle and secure passengers.
- Must work in spaces with limited headroom up to (43 in.).
- REPETITIVE POSTURE1 - Driver must access floor of van/vehicle (via squat, bend, or kneel) to secure WC's. Requires repetitive assumption of posture to access a point (1 inch) from the floor up to (16/hr.).
- SIT1 - Driver must operate vehicle to transport passengers to various locations.
- Requires tolerance of seated posture up to (40 min.) continuously, for a total of up to (8 hr.) per (10 hr.).
- STAND1 - Driver must assist passengers in/out of vehicle or wait for passengers
- Requires tolerance of standing posture up to (5 min.) continuously, for a total of up to (2 hr.) per (10 hr.).
- TEMPERATURE - Driver must tolerate working environment with outside temperatures.
- TEMPERATURE - Driver must tolerate working environment with inside ambient temperatures.
- VISION1 - Driver requires (Near/Far/Depth/Color) vision to operate vehicle.
- WALK1 - Driver must access pick up points for passengers. Requires walking up to (0.5 mi.), in (1 shift).
The Paratransit Operator must be able to work in an environment consisting of long periods of driving with periodic exposure to outside weather conditions and traffic congestion. The Paratransit Operator must also be able to work periodically in a garage environment that may be crowded or noisy. This job description is not intended to be all inclusive, and employees shall perform other duties as appropriate. SCR Medical Transportation, Inc. reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. SCR Medical Transportation is an EOE.Apply Today